The Pima Community College women's basketball team (15-10, 11-6 in ACCAC) seized its opportunities at the free throw line on Saturday against Tohono O'odham Community College (12-13, 8-9).
- The No. 13 ranked Aztecs went 33 for 35 from the free throw stripe in their 88-69 win over the Jegos.
- With the game tied at 47-47 midway through the third quarter, the Aztecs finished on a 14-5 run to make it 61-52 heading into the fourth quarter.
- The Aztecs took their first double digit lead at 63-52 one minute into the fourth. They outscored the Jegos 27-17 in the final period.
- Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) led all scores with 26 points. She struggled from the field going 5 for 13 but she was a perfect 14 for 14 from the foul line. She also added six rebounds and five assists. She passed Sydni Stallowrth (Palo Verde HS) for the second spot in the all-time points list. Nakai now sits with 1,121 points and looks to pass Tia Morrison (1,194).
- Freshman Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS) finished with a double-double of 18 points and 10 rebounds. She went 6 for 10 from the field.
- Freshmen Alyssa Perez (Marana HS) and Marlena Arroyo-Plata (Campo Verde HS) were major contributors off the bench as they combined for 30 points. Perez finished with 16 points on 5 for 7 shooting while Arroyo-Plata fell a rebound shy of a double-double with 14 points and nine rebounds. She went 6 for 6 from the foul line.
- The Aztecs swept the regular season meetings as they beat the Jegos 97-53 in December.
The Aztecs will hit the road on Wednesday when they play at Mesa Community College. Tipoff is at 5:30 p.m.
TOCC 22 15 15 17 69
PCC 21 17 23 27 88