The Pima Community College men's basketball team (13-10, 7-8 in ACCAC) picked up its second straight road win on Saturday as the Aztecs downed Central Arizona College (11-12, 6-9).
- The Aztecs defeated the Vaqueros 95-79.
- Pima took a double digit lead halfway through the first half and led 46-24 at halftime. They were outscored 55-49 in the second half.
- The Aztecs hit 13 3-pointers for the game as sophomore Rashad Smith (Hamilton HS) and freshman Jake Lieppert (Saguaro HS) combined for 53 points and 11 of those 3-pointers.
- Smith scored a team-high 31 points as he went 12 for 14 from the free throw line. He hit five 3-pointers and had 20 points after the first half.
- Lieppert scored 13 of his 22 points in the first half. He hit six 3-pointers in the game. Fellow freshman Sammy Legleu (Nogales HS) contributed with 15 points.
The Aztecs return to the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Wednesday when they host Scottsdale Community College at 7:30 p.m.
PCC 46 49 95
CAC 24 55 79