Posted: May 11, 2022
The Pima Community College men's golf team produced an improved collective round on Wednesday in the second day of the NJCAA Division I National Championships.
- The Aztecs closed out the day moving up two spots in the team standings and sit with a score of 608 (308-300).
- Each Pima golfer improved by two-strokes compared to Tuesday's first round. Freshman Daniel Henely (Cienega HS) shot a 1-over par 73 on the day. He shot 3-under in the back nine and finished with a 73. He sits tied for 22nd place with a two-day score of 148 (75-73).
- Freshman Max Krueger (Salpointe Catholic HS) closed out his day shooting a 2-over par 74 and is now tied for 44th place with a score of 150 (76-74).
- Freshman Jay Shero finished the second round with a 76 and has a score of 154 (78-76). Freshman Tommy Rosenvall shot a 77 in Wednesday's round and has a collective score of 156 (79-77).
- "We were disappointed in our overall day one scores; hoever we needed to make an adjustment and limit the damage and we did that on day two," Pima men's golf coach Marcus Smith said. "We've got to remember that we are not in a race, we're in a marathon. We chipped away at the leaderboard and set ourselves up for a good third day.
"Everyone is batting and we're going to have to dig deep and keep progressing forward in our toughest battle of the year."
- The Aztecs will compete in the third round of the NJCAA Division I National Championships on Thursday at the Odessa Country Club.
For updated team and individual results, visit Golf Stat