The Pima Community College women's basketball team (16-10, 12-6 in ACCAC) played a tight game on the road at Mesa Community College (10-16, 7-11) but a late double digit lead helped seal the win.
- The No. 17 ranked Aztecs defeated the Thunderbirds 78-70. It was Pima's 10th win in their last 12 games.
- The Aztecs took their biggest lead of the game of 12 points with 4:17 left.
- Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) finished with a game-high 37 points as she went 9 for 15 from the field and 5 for 7 from three-point range. She was also 14 for 16 from the free throw line and had four rebounds and six assists. She now sits at 1,158 career points and is 36 points away from Tia Morrison's record of 1,194.
- Sophomore Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) produced her seventh double-double as she finished with 11 points and 11 rebounds to go along with two blocks.
- The Aztecs got bench production from freshman Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS), as she scored 12 points on 5 for 7 shooting. Fellow freshman Alyssa Perez (Marana HS) scored five points with 10 rebounds and four steals.
- The Aztecs swept the Thunderbirds as they won 80-60 last month at the West Campus Gymnasium.
The Aztecs will be back on the road on Saturday when they play at South Mountain Community College. Tipoff is set for 2:00 p.m.
PCC 19 14 18 27 78
MCC 18 13 16 23 70