The Pima Community College women's basketball team (14-5, 8-4 in ACCAC) had its four-game winning streak snapped on Wednesday as the Aztecs battled back against Cochise College (17-3, 9-3).
- The No. 17 ranked Aztecs fell 69-60 after trailing by as much as 26 points in the first half.
- The Aztecs trailed 51-28 after the third quarter but started out the fourth on a 12-2 run to cut it to 53-40 with 4:12 left in the game. Down 61-49, the Aztecs went on an 11-3 run to cut it to 64-60 forcing the Apaches to call timeout with 30.1 seconds left. Marlena Arroyo-Plata (Campo Verde HS) capped off the run with a three-point play.
- The Apaches went 5 for 6 from the free throw line to close out the game.
- The Aztecs scored the first five points of the game but Cochise went on a 23-0 run. The Aztecs scored six points in each the first and second quarters to trail 34-12 at halftime.
- The Aztecs had four players score in double figures led by freshman Sierra Mich'l, who had a double-double of 17 points and 17 rebounds. She also went 9 for 10 from the free throw line.
- Arroyo-Plata, along with fellow sophomores Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS) and Alyssa Perez (Marana HS) each scored 10 points.
The Aztecs will return to the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Saturday to play Eastern Arizona College. Tipoff is set for 2:00 p.m.
COC 23 11 17 18 69
PCC 6 6 16 32 60