Posted: May 12, 2022
The Pima Community College women's golf season came to a close on Friday at the Mayfair Country Club in Sanford, FL.
- Freshman Maria Harrouch shot her best round of the tournament finishing with a 2-over par 74 as she took eighth place out of 90 golfers in the individual standings.
- Harrouch earned second team NJCAA All-American honors and is the fourth women's golf NJCAA All-American since 2016 along with Araceli Esquivel (2018) and Desiree Hong (2016, 2017).
- "I was making putts today that I haven't made all season. I hit more fairways than any other tournament day," Harrouch said. "I didn't play close to what I know I'm capable of. I am motivated because I've figured out what I need to work on mentally to get better. I am going to do whatever it takes for me to be able to win this tournament next year."
- Harrouch was 2-strokes off from being in the Top 5 and 20-strokes from the leader.
- Freshman Angelica Martinez (Tucson Magnet HS) closed out her season shooting an 86 as she took 57th place with an overall score of 351 (92-84-89-86).
- The Aztecs did not have any sophomores this season.
See complete results of the NJCAA Division I National Championships on Golf Stat