Posted: Mar 19, 2022
The Pima Community College women's track & field team opened the Outdoor Season on Friday and Saturday at the Willie Williams Classic hosted by the University of Arizona at Roy P. Drachman Stadium.
- Five Aztecs set personal-bests to open the season and some found themselves near the top in the NJCAA Division I individual rankings.
- Sophomore Abigail Walls (Tucson Magnet HS) is ranked No. 2 nationally after she finished the High Jump with a mark of 1.60 meters (5-feet, 3-inches).
- Freshman Jaida Olson (Pusch Ridge Christian HS) started off the Outdoor Season with a mark of 3.23 meters (10-7) in the Pole Vault as she took seventh place overall. She is also ranked No. 2 nationally.
- Freshman Darien Calicdan set a personal-best for the season in the Pole Vault with a mark of 3.08 meters (10-1.25). She is ranked No. 5 nationally.
- Freshmen Jackie Trice (Williams Field HS) and Emily Felix each set personal-records in the Long Jump. Trice finished with a mark of 5.36 meters (17-7); which put her No. 7 in the nation. Felix finished with a jump of 5.06 meters (16-7.25).
- Sophomore Maddie Warren set her personal-best in the 200 meters with a time of 27.47 seconds.
- Sophomore Oksana Giron (Sunnyside HS) finished the 5,000 meters with a personal-best of 22 minutes, 24.09 seconds.
- The Aztecs will compete in the Cody McBride Invitational held at Paradise Valley Community College on Thursday and Saturday.
- See complete results from the Willie Williams Classic on FinishedResults