Posted: Dec 04, 2021
The Pima Community College men's basketball team (7-3, 2-3 in ACCAC) rallied back from a double-digit deficit in the second half but could not overtake Chandler-Gilbert Community College (8-3, 2-3).
- The No. 11 ranked Aztecs fell to the Coyotes 92-88 on Saturday in Chandler.
- The Aztecs trailed 51-39 at halftime and were down 74-58 mid-way through the second half. The Aztecs went on a 15-5 run to cut Chandler-Gilbert's lead down to 79-73. Sophomore Daniel Moody (Walden Grove HS) hit three of four foul shots and sophomore Chrishon Dixon went 1 for 2 from the line to put Pima within one-point at 83-82. The Coyotes hit a three-pointer on their next possession to make it 86-82.
- Moody hit a pair of free throws to cut it to 86-84. Chandler-Gilbert countered with two converted foul shots of their own. Freshman Traivar Jackson's basket made to 88-86 with 1:23 left but that's as close as Pima would get.
- Moody finished with a team-high 22 points. Freshman Pierce Sterling added 17 points while Dixon scored 15 points.
- Freshman Damon McDowell Jr. contributed with 14 points and Jackson finished with 12 points.
- The Aztecs return to the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Wednesday when they host South Mountain Community College in an ACCAC conference match-up. Tipoff is set for 6:00 p.m.
PCC 39 49 88
CGCC 51 41 92