The Pima Community College men's basketball team (17-5, 10-4 in ACCAC) played a wild one at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Wednesday against Arizona Western College (16-6, 10-4).
- The No. 12 ranked Aztecs won the tug of war 100-95 in a game that featured 20 lead changes and 12 ties. The Aztecs avenged their 96-91 loss to Matadors back in December.
- Up 87-84 with 4:30 left in the game, the Aztecs went on a 10-1 run to take a double digit at 97-85. The Matadors countered with an 8-0 run to make it 97-93 but freshman Cole Gerken (Ironwood Ridge HS) grabbed a crucial defensive rebound and sophomore Abram Carrasco (Cholla HS) hit two free throws to make it 99-93.
- The Aztecs trailed 46-44 at halftime and opened the second half with a 17-9 run to take a 61-55.
- Carrasco finished with a game-high 25 points to go along with nine rebounds and six assists. Sophomore Robert Wilson (Salpointe Catholic HS) scored 23 points on 6 for 10 from the shooting and 4 for 5 from three-point range. He also had eight rebounds and four assists.
- Sophomore Davonte Eason (Tucson HS) posted 19 points on 7 for 9 shooting. Fellow sophomore Kennedy Koehler finished with 14 points and eight rebounds. Freshman Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS) contributed with 10 points.
The Aztecs will be back at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Saturday when they host Central Arizona College. Tipoff is set for 4:00 p.m.
AWC 46 49 95
PCC 44 56 100