The Pima Community College men's basketball team (20-5, 13-4 in ACCAC) secured another 20-win for the fourth time in five years on Saturday.
- The No. 11 ranked Aztecs defeated Tohono O'odham Community College 102-72.
- The Aztecs scored the first 15 points of the game and held the Jegos (2-23, 1-16) scoreless for the first seven minutes. The Aztecs took a 51-33 lead at halftime as four Aztecs had already scored in double figures.
- The Aztecs outscored the Jegos 51-39 in the second half.
- Sophomore Abram Carrasco (Cholla HS) scored a team-high 23 points to go along with six assists. He passed Isaiah Murphy (Cienega HS, 1,109 points) on the all-time scoring list. He sits at 1,118 points and now looks to catch Murphy Gershman (Tucson HS), who has 1,210 points.
- Sophomore Kennedy Koehler finished with his 15th double-double of 20 points and 12 rebounds. He shot 8 for 12 from the field. Fellow sophomore Robert Wilson (Salpointe Catholic HS) followed suit with his 12th double-double. He had 13 points and 10 rebounds along with five assists.
- Sophomore Davonte Eason (Tucson HS) finished with 18 points, five rebounds and four assists off the bench. He went 8 for 9 from the field.
The Aztecs will step away from ACCAC Division II play as they travel to Mesa Community College (Division I) on Wednesday. Tipoff is at 7:30 p.m.
TOCC 33 39 72
PCC 51 51 102