The Pima Community College men's basketball team (3-2, 1-0 in ACCAC) opened ACCAC conference play at Cochise College on Wednesday and picked up a big road win.
- Freshman Jake Lieppert (Saguaro HS) popped off for 48 points as the No. 14 ranked Aztecs (Division II) defeated Cochise College (Division I) 91-78. It was the most points scored in a game by an Aztecs player since Shakir Smith, when he scored 54 points in Feb. 2014.
- Lieppert went 10 for 14 in three-pointers and also finished with a double-double adding 10 rebounds.
- Sophomore Rashad Smith (Hamilton HS) fell short of a triple-double as he finished with 14 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.
- Sophomore Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS) came up short on a double-double as he posted 14 points with nine assists and five rebounds. Sophomore Cole Gerken (Ironwood Ridge HS) added eight points and six rebounds.
- The Aztecs led 48-42 at halftime and outscored the Apaches (5-2, 0-1) 43-36 for the second half.
The Aztecs hit the road again on Saturday when they play at Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher. Tip-Off is set for 7:30 p.m.
PCC 48 43 91
CC 42 36 78