The Pima Community College men's basketball team (7-4) earned a non-conference victory at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium before heading into the winter break.
- The Aztecs defeated PHHoenix Prep 116-95 as they picked up their fourth win in the last five games.
- The Aztecs took control with a 25-5 run in six minutes and started the game going 9 for 10 from the field. The Aztecs led 56-34 at halftime.
- The Fire cut the deficit to 101-89 with 3:13 left in the game but the Aztecs outscored the Fire 15-6 to close it out.
- The Aztecs had six players score in double figures. Sophomore Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS) led the way with a game-high 29 points as he went 7 for 11 from the field and 14 for 14 from the free throw line. He also had nine rebounds and six assists. He has averaged 28.5 points the last two games and also gone 16 for 24 (67 percent) from the field.
- Freshman Jake Lieppert (Saguaro HS) hit four 3-pointers as he finished with 19 points. Fellow freshman Sammy Legleu (Nogales HS) posted 18 points and eight rebounds.
- Sophomore Cole Gerken (Ironwood Ridge HS) went 7 for 11 from the field and finished with 17 points while sophomore Nick Rosquist (The Gregory School) drained five 3-pointers and had 17 points.
- Sophomore Khalil Curtis contributed with 10 points off the bench as he shot 5 for 7 from the field.
The Aztecs are off for winter break and will return for the Aztec Winter Classic hosted at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium from Dec. 28-30. The Aztecs open play against North Idaho College on the 28th at 6:00 p.m.
PHH 34 61 95
PCC 56 60 116