The Pima Community College men's basketball team (11-9, 5-7 in ACCAC) could not dig itself out of an early deficit in the second half against Cochise College (14-6, 8-4).
- The Aztecs fell to the Apaches 111-94.
- Tied at 55-55 at halftime, the Apaches went on a 13-0 run in the first four and a half minutes. The Aztecs got on the board with Cole Gerken's (Ironwood Ridge HS) basket at the 15:38 mark to stop the run and make it 68-57. They trailed by as much as 19 points at the end of the game.
- The Aztecs led for much of the first half and their biggest lead was eight points at 31-23 with 11:19 left.
- All five starters for the Aztecs scored in double figures led by sophomore Rashad Smith, who finished with 24 points to go along with six assists and two steals.
- Freshman Jake Lieppert (Saguaro HS) finished with 22 points while sophomore Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS) had 17 points, six assists and two steals. Freshman Sammy Legleu (Nogales HS) posted a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds while Gerken contributed with 12 points on 5 for 9 shooting. He also had five assists.
The Aztecs will be back at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Saturday to host Eastern Arizona College. Tipoff is set for 4:00 p.m.
COC 55 56 111
PCC 55 39 94