Posted: Dec 11, 2021
The Pima Community College men's basketball team (9-3, 4-3 in ACCAC) picked up an ACCAC conference victory going into the winter break on Saturday at Mesa Community College (1-6, 1-5).
- The No. 12 ranked Aztecs beat the Thunderbirds 84-71 to get over .500 in conference play.
- Up 53-49, the Aztecs went on a 15-0 run and held Mesa scoreless for six and a half minutes to take a 68-49 lead. The Aztecs led by as much as 22 points on three occasions later in the second half.
- Freshman Traivar Jackson scored a game-high 19 points after going 8 for 12 from the field and completed the double-double with 10 rebounds. He also had five blocks, two assists and two steals.
- Sophomore Daniel Moody (Walden Grove HS) scored 11 of his 14 points in the second half and also grabbed 10 rebounds.
- Freshman Itury Kitt (Eastpointe HS) went 6 for 9 from the floor with 15 points along with eight rebounds. Freshman Jalen Johnson contributed with 11 points, eight rebounds, two assists and two blocks.
- Sophomore Chrishon Dixon came off the bench and added 16 points on 7 for 11 shooting. He also had four boards and five assists.
- The Aztecs will host the Pima CC Holiday Tournament at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium from Dec. 27-29. They will play the College of Southern Nevada on Monday, Dec. 27 at 6:00 p.m.
PCC 43 41 84
MCC 39 32 71