The Pima Community College men's basketball team (4-0) closed out its non-conference stretch to start the regular season on Thursday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The Aztecs defeated Arizona Christian University JV 127-68. The Aztecs have scored in triple digits in all four contests so far averaging 141.5 points per game.
- The Aztecs led 68-32 at halftime and outscored the Firestorm 59-36 for the second half.
- Sophomore Cesar Saenz (Sabino HS) fell short of a triple-double as he finished with a game-high 24 points, 13 rebounds, nine assists and four steals. He was 9 for 15 from the field and 4 for 8 from three-point range.
- Freshman Jaylen Alexander shot 8 for 13 from the field with 17 points to go along with seven steals. Fellow freshman Mike Pope scored 14 points as he went 5 for 9 from the field and 4 for 8 from downtown.
- Freshman Dillan Baker (Salpointe Catholic HS) finished with 12 points, five rebounds and three assists while freshman Yahir Garcia (Tucson Magnet HS) added 11 points. Sophomore Traivar Jackson and freshman Jamison Kay (Gila Ridge HS) each contributed with 10 points.
The Aztecs open ACCAC conference play on Tuesday when they host Eastern Arizona College (Division I) on Tuesday at the West Campus Gymnasium. Game time is set for 5:30 p.m.
ACU 32 36 68
PCC 68 59 127