Posted: Feb 12, 2022
The Pima Community College men's track & field team competed at the Mesa Multi's & Indoor Invitational on Saturday at Mesa Community College.
- Sophomore Reece Gardner (Marana HS) set a new Pima Indoor school record and is ranked No. 1 in the country for the Heptathlon as he finished with 4859 points earning a national qualifier.
- Freshman Orion Barger (Canyon del Oro HS) set a new Pima Indoor record in the 600 meter race as he finished in first place with a national-qualifying time of 1 minute, 19.54 seconds. He is ranked No. 8 in the country.
- Freshman Joel Gardner (Ironwood Ridge HS) set his Pima school record and national-qualifying time in the 5,000 meters race taking second place with a time of 15:09.16. He is ranked No. 13 nationally.
- Sophomore Mikhail Browne took third place in the Triple Jump and set a national-qualifying mark with his final jump of 14.32 meters (46-feet, 11.75-inches). He is ranked No. 11 nationally for the event.
- The 4x400 relay team of freshmen Jack Greenfield (Canyon del Oro HS), Tristan Spalding (Palo Verde HS), Gamar Garem (Amphitheater HS) and Barger placed second with a time of 3:19.64 and earned a national qualifier. It is the fifth best time for the event in Indoor season school history.
- Freshman Joshua Bowen took fourth place in the Heptathlon and earn a national qualifier with 4087 points. He is ranked No. 10 in the country and is fifth in Pima Indoor school history.
- In other action, freshman Terrion Amicks (Peoria HS) claimed first place in the Long Jump with a mark of 6.63 meters (21-9) in his first attempt.
- Spalding took fourth in the 200 meters with a time of 21.91 seconds. His time put him second in Indoor school history. Spalding placed fifth in the 60 meter dash at 6.91; which made him fourth in Indoor school history.
- The Aztecs have set 10 total NJCAA national qualifying marks. They will compete at the NAU-Tune Up on Friday in Flagstaff. It is the last meet before the NJCAA Indoor National Championships.
For complete results of the Mesa Multi's & Indoor Invitational, visit WingFootFinish