Posted: Mar 19, 2022
The Pima Community College men's track & field team opened the NJCAA Outdoor Season on Friday and Saturday as part of the Willie Williams Classic hosted by the University of Arizona.
- The Aztecs produced four athletes who set NJCAA Division I national qualifying times/marks at Roy P. Drachman Stadium.
- Sophomore Mikhail Browne finished the Long Jump with a national-qualifying mark of 7.30 meters (23-feet, 11.5-inches) putting him No. 1 nationally. He also placed fourth in the Triple Jump and is ranked No. 3 after he finished with a personal-best jump of 14.58 meters (47-10).
- Freshman Joshua Bowen earned a No. 1 national ranking in the Javelin with a national qualifying throw of 54.50 meters (178-10).
- Freshman Joel Gardner (Ironwood Ridge HS) claimed second place in the 5,000 meter race with a time of 14 minutes, 39.98 seconds. He earned a national qualifying time and is ranked No. 5 in the rankings for the event.
- Freshman Orion Barger (Canyon del Oro HS) set his national qualifier in the 400 meter race finishing with a personal-best time of 47.60 seconds. He is ranked No. 10 nationally. Barger also set a personal-record in the 200 meters with a time of 22.23.
- Freshman Tristan Spalding (Palo Verde HS) also set a PR in the 200 meters at 21.84.
- Sophomore Chalen Lozano (Marana HS) earned his personal-best in the 5,000 meters finishing with a time of 16:01.63.
- The 4x400 relay team of Spalding, sophomore Andre Maytorena (Nogales HS), freshman Nathan Plant and Barger earned a personal-record with a time of 3:19.54.
- The Aztecs will compete in the Cody McBride Invitational held at Paradise Valley Community College on Thursday and Saturday.
- See complete results from the Willie Williams Classic on FinishedResults