The Pima Community College women's basketball team (6-8) closed out play in the Bruce Fleck Classic on Wednesday.
- The Aztecs fell to No. 8 ranked South Plains College (Division I) 68-57.
- The Aztecs trailed for the entire game but made things interesting with a couple of runs. In the end they weren't able to gain the upper-hand against the Lady Texans (17-1).
- The Aztecs fell behind by double digits at 61-49 but sophomores Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) and RyLeigh Long hit back-to-back three-pointers to close it to 61-55 with two minutes left the game. The Lady Texans went on to score five straight points to retake the double digit lead.
- Down 40-27, the Aztecs went on an 8-0 run mid-way through the second quarter to make it 40-35. The Aztecs trailed 52-44 at halftime.
- Bribiescas and sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) combined to score 32 points. Bribiescas finished with 18 points and nine rebounds while Nakai also netted 18 points with five assists. Long was also in double figures with 10 points and four assists.
- The Aztecs went 1-2 in the invitational. Bribiescas finished the Bruce Fleck Classic averaging 22 points and 9.3 rebounds. Nakai averaged 18 points and 6.7 assists while Long posted an average of 14 points.
The Aztecs return to the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Saturday when they host Mesa Community College. Tipoff is set for 2:00 p.m.
SPC 15 21 16 16 68
PCC 12 12 20 13 57