The Pima Community College women's basketball team (8-8, 4-4 in ACCAC) used an early run to take control of its game against South Mountain Community College (7-5, 4-4) on Wednesday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The Aztecs never scored less than 24 points in a quarter and went on to win 108-63 earning their third straight ACCAC conference win.
- After trailing in the early minutes, the Aztecs went on a 22-4 run to take a 23-8 advantage. They led 53-24 at the break.
- The Aztecs led by as much as 45 points late in the fourth quarter. They outscored the Cougars 31-13 to close out the game.
- The Aztecs produced six players in double figures and the bench scored a total of 52 points. Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) led the way with 25 points on 11 for 17 shooting. She also had seven rebounds and four assists.
- Sophomore Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) and freshman Marlena Arroyo-Plata (Campo Verde HS) each finished with double-doubles. Bribiescas had 13 points and 11 rebounds while Arroyo-Plata finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
- Freshman Alyssa Perez (Marana HS) finished with 13 points on 4 for 6 shooting while fellow freshman Haile Gleason scored 11 points. Sophomore Brianna Pitre (Sabino HS) contributed with 10 points.
The Aztecs will hit the road on Saturday when they play at Chandler-Gilbert Community College. Tipoff is at 2:00 p.m.
SMCC 11 13 26 13 63
PCC 27 26 24 31 108