The Pima Community College women's basketball team (11-8, 7-4 in ACCAC) dominated the first half in its game on Saturday against Glendale Community College (8-11, 3-8) and never surrendered its double-digit lead.
- The No. 15 ranked Aztecs won their fifth straight game after beating the Gauchos 80-67. The Aztecs have won six straight games over ACCAC Division II competition.
- The Aztecs went on a 20-7 run in the second quarter to take a 20-point lead at 36-16. They led 41-18 at halftime giving up nine points in each quarter.
- The Aztecs led 50-25 but the Gauchos went on a 23-9 run to close out the third quarter. Pima led 59-48 at that point but used a 12-3 run to open the fourth quarter to make it 71-51.
- Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) scored a game-high 25 points. She has scored 984 points in her Pima career up to this point.
- Freshman Hallie Lawson finished the game with 18 points on 7 for 11 shooting and also had seven rebounds. Sophomore Shauna Bribiescas scored 16 points with five assists and three steals. Freshman Alyssa Perez (Marana HS) contributed with nine points and seven rebounds off the bench.
The Aztecs will step away from Division II play and will face off with the ACCAC Division I teams for the next four games. They will begin the second half of the season on Wednesday at Cochise College. Tipoff is set for 5:30 p.m.
GCC 9 9 30 19 67
PCC 16 25 18 21 80