The Pima Community College women's basketball team (17-11, 13-7 in ACCAC) achieved one of its season goals while sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) made history.
- The No. 16 ranked Aztecs defeated Chandler-Gilbert Community College 81-62 and clinched the No. 1 seed for the NJCAA Region I, Division II tournament. Cochise College beat South Mountain Community College to seal it for Pima.
- Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) broke Tia Morrison's career scoring record with a three-pointer at the 3:55 mark in the second quarter. She finished the game with 32 points on 11 for 18 shooting. Nakai now has 1,213 points for her career. She also finished with eight assists. Morrison held the record since 2010.
- The Aztecs took control in the second quarter as they outscored the Coyotes (15-13, 9-11) 24-9. They went on a 12-2 run in the final 4:24 of the half to lead 45-27 at the break. The Aztecs continued the onslaught with a 13-2 run to open the third quarter and held their biggest lead at 58-29.
- Sophomore Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) secured her eighth double-double as she posted 24 points and 12 rebounds.
- Freshman Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS) scored nine points and sophomore Brianna Pitre (Sabino HS) had eight points.
The Aztecs host their final regular season home game on Saturday against Phoenix College. Tipoff is at 2:00 p.m.
CGCC 18 9 18 17 62
PCC 21 24 22 14 81