The Pima Community College women's basketball team (5-3, 2-2 in ACCAC) bounced back on Saturday and picked up a road win at Scottsdale Community College (1-9, 0-5).
- The No. 9 ranked Aztecs defeated the Artichokes 83-70.
- The Aztecs took a 37-25 lead at the break after they outscored the Artichokes 14-8 in the first quarter and 23-17 in the second quarter.
- Freshman Sierra Mich'l could not be contained on the glass as she finished with 19 points and a game-high 20 points. She was one of five double figure scorers for the Aztecs. Sophomore Hallie Lawson finished with 14 points while freshman Fama Thiam posted 13 points.
- The bench play of sophomore Haile Gleason as well as freshmen Aaliyah Ortiz (Palo Verde HS and Dianne Hefner combined for 32 points. Gleason had 14 points while Ortiz contributed with 11 points, six rebounds and three assists. Hefner added seven points and seven rebounds.
- "Big time road win. The team battled through foul trouble but the play of Haile (Gleason), Aaliyah (Ortiz) and Dianne (Hefner) off the bench was huge," Pima women's basketball coach Todd Holthaus said.
The Aztecs will return to the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Monday for a rescheduled game from Nov. 27 against Arizona Western College. Tipoff is set for 5:30 p.m.
PCC 14 23 19 27 83
SCC 8 17 21 24 70