Posted: Feb 04, 2022
The Pima Community College women's golf team opened the 2022 season on Wednesday and Thursday at the Lady Thunderbird Invitational.
- The Aztecs finished in third place in the final team standings with a total of 712 (363-349). They were 9-strokes behind South Mountain Community College (703-358-345) in second place. Mesa Community College took first place with a score of 623 (316-307).
- Freshman Maria Harrouch earned medalist honors as she finished third in the final individual standings with a two-day score of 155. She shot a 5-over 77 in the first round and a 6-over par 78 in the final round.
- Freshmen Victoria Peña (Tucson Magnet HS) and Angelica Martinez (Tucson Magnet HS) each tied for 10th place with a score of 174. Peña improved by 6-strokes in her second round of play (90-84) while Martinez shot an 86 and an 88 in her rounds.
- Freshman Raquel Diaz (Marana HS) rounded out the team scoring for the Aztecs as she shot a 209 (110-99).
- The Aztecs will play in the South Mountain CC Invitational on Feb. 19-20 at the Apache Creek Golf Club in Apache Junction, AZ. The teams begin to tee off at 11:30 a.m.
For complete team and individual results, visit Golfstat