Posted: Feb 05, 2022
The Pima Community College women's track & field team competed at the Central Arizona College Indoor Meet on Saturday in Coolidge.
- Freshman Jaida Olson (Pusch Ridge Christian HS) took first place in the Pole Vault for the second straight week as she finished with a 3.30 meter (10-feet, 10-inch) vault on her first attempt. She is still ranked No. 1 in the country for the event. Her vault last week of 3.45 meters (11-3) set a Pima Indoor season school record.
- Freshman Darien Calicdan took second place in the Pole Vault with a mark of 3.00 meters (9-10); which earned her an Indoor national qualifier. She set it on her third attempt. Calicdan is No. 6 in the country and ranked No. 5 in Pima school history.
- In other women's events, sophomore Abigail Walls (Tucson Magnet HS) placed first in the Long Jump with a mark of 5.20 meters (17-0.75) which she set on her fourth jump. Teammate and freshman Psalm Johnson (Union HS) took second setting the same mark of 5.20 meters (17-0.75) in her first jump attempt.
- Sophomore Lucy Chavez (Bisbee HS) placed third in the Weight Throw at 13.29 meters (43-7.25) on her fourth attempt and took fourth place in the Shot Put with a second-attempt mark of 11.28 meters (37-0.25).
- The Aztecs will compete in the Mesa Multi and Indoor Meets on Friday and Saturday Feb. 11-12 at Mesa Community College.
For complete results of the Central Arizona College Indoor Meet, visit WingFootFinish