The Pima Community College women's track & field team came home with some hardware after the final day of competition at the NJCAA Region I Championships.
- The Aztecs claimed second place with a total of 248 points. Central Arizona College took first place with 275. The Aztecs beat out Mesa Community College (210), Glendale Community College (30), Paradise Valley Community College (26) and Phoenix College (8).
- Sophomore Eliza Littlewood (Campo Verde HS) picked up her second region title as she took first place in the High Jump with a mark of 1.57 meters (5-feet, 1.75-inches). She repeated as the Heptathlon region champion last week in the Multi-Event Championships. Littlewood scored a team-high 52-team points.
- Sophomore Fatmata Conteh (Glendale HS) earned the region crown in the 100-meter hurdles as she finished with a time of 15.09 seconds; giving Pima 10 points. Sophomore Abigail Walls (Tucson Magnet HS) finished right behind her in second with a time of 15.12 stacking Pima with eight more team points.
- Freshman Jackie Trice (Williams Field HS) took second place in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:04.73. Trice also had a standout regional playoffs as she scored 36 team points.
- Sophomore Marissa Lopez (Sahuarita HS) closed out the 800-meter race in second place with a time of 2:26.04.
- Sophomore Lucy Chavez (Bisbee HS) claimed six points for Pima with a third place finish in the Shot Put after a mark of 12.40 meters (40-8.25)
- Freshman Psalm Johnson (Union HS) grabbed third place in the Triple Jump with a mark of 10.37 meters (34-0.25).
- The 4x100 relay team of Dejanae Wilmore (Tucson Magnet HS), Conteh, Maddie Warren and Littlewood took third place with a personal-best time of 50.23.
- The 4x400 relay squad also set a personal-best as the group of Wilmore, Trice, Littlewood and Lopez took third place at 4:10.27.
Other Pima finishes that earned team points:
- Emily Felix – 4th in High Jump 1.52 meters (4-11.75) (5 points)
- Jaida Olson (Pusch Ridge Christian HS) – 4th in Triple Jump 10.09 meters (33-1.25) (5 points)
- Jackie Trice (Williams Field HS) – 4th in 100 meter hurdles 15.53 (5 points); 6th in high Jump 1.52 meters (4-11.75) (3 points)
- Victoria Malaki (Dobson HS) – 4th in Discus 40.53 meters (132-11) (5 points); 8th in Shot Put 10.29 meters (33-9.25) (1 point)
- Akira Jones (St. David HS) – 5th in Discus 39.75 meters (130-5) (4 points); 5th in Shot Put 11.62 meters (38-1.50) (4 points)
- Abigail Walls (Tucson Magnet HS) – 5th in High Jump 1.52 meters (4-11.75) (4 points); 5th in Triple Jump 10.08 meters (33-1) (4 points)
- Nyah Torres (Millenium HS) – 5th in 800 meters 2:33.69 (4 points); 6th in 400 meters 1:02.12 (3 points)
- Eliza Littlewood (Campo Verde HS) – 5th in 100 meter hurdles 15.95 (4 points); 6th in Triple Jump 9.97 meters (32-8.50) (3 points); 7th in 800 meters 2:35.15 (2 points)
- Marissa Lopez (Sahuarita HS) – 5th in 1,500 meters 5:12.54 (4 points)
- Dejanae Wilmore (Tucson Magnet HS) – 5th in 400 meter hurdles 1:10.09 (4 points)
- Sydney Klump (St. David HS) – 6th in 400 meter hurdles 1:10.32 (3 points)
- Mykayla Tarwater (Tucson Magnet HS) – 6th in 5,000 meters 22:34.50 (3 points)
- Fatmata Conteh (Glendale HS) – 7th in 400 meter hurdles 1:10.51 (2 points); 8th in 100 meters 12.87 (1 point)
- Lucy Chavez (Bisbee HS) – 7th in Discus 38.67 meters (126-10) (2 points)
- Oksana Giron (Sunnyside HS) – 7th in 5,000 meters 22:46.70 (2 points)
The Aztecs will compete at the NJCAA Division I National Championships on May 19-21 at Gowans Stadium in Hutchinson, KS.
See complete results of the NJCAA Region I Championships on WingFootFinish